Sunday, January 25, 2009

Brandon Job Shadowed a Surgeon

I am posting this a little late but at least I didn't totally forget. haha

Brandon is planning on going to medical school and becoming a surgeon. His school offered him a chance to job shadow a surgeon for the day and he took it. So on December 12, 2008 he spent the better part of the day in surgery observing at Craig General Hospital in Vinita. He got to sit in on three different surgeries. They were mainly gall bladder surgeries but still he got to sit on and watch. He wasn't in the observation room he was actually in the surgery room where the procedure was taking place. I think that is so cool and so good for him.

He did get a laugh when an older gentleman came in and needed the roto-rooter treatment (anal exam). lol Brandon got to observe and when it was over the man asked him if he had learned anything. lol

He was only there from 7:30am till 1:00pm but he liked it.

I think it was a great experience for him. I am dying to buy him some medical books now when we have the chance. I am so excited for him and his future.

No comments:

Post a Comment